Are you overwhelmed by others' unrealistic expectations of you? Do you feel torn in dozens of directions as you try to make everyone around you happy? If you're ready to end the cycle of approval seeking, New York Times bestselling author and recovering people pleaser Karen Ehman is here to help!
When Making Others Happy Is Making You Miserable shares the refreshing, heartfelt lessons that Karen learned firsthand during her own journey of breaking free from people pleasing in order to live out her God-given purpose. Let Karen be your new go-to guide as you learn to successfully break the destructive pattern of people pleasing and start fully embracing the life God has called you to lead.
With equal parts humor and vulnerability, Karen explores why it's so easy to fall into people-pleasing behaviors and reminds us that we can't fulfill our divine purpose if we're too busy living everyone else's. She offers her timely advice for living with less overwhelm and with more peace and purpose, sharing words of wisdom that will help you:
- Prioritize what God says above what other people think
- Live your life without worrying about the opinions and expectations of others
- Cultivate a strategy for knowing when to say yes and how to say no
- Create and maintain healthy boundaries with the pushers, pouters, guilt bombers and others who try to call the shots in your life
- Learn to navigate the tension between pleasing God and loving your community
Join Karen as she encourages you to walk closely--and confidently--with our loving Creator, despite the opinions and expectations of others. It's time to end the people-pleasing game and finally enjoy the peaceful and purposeful life that you deserve.
- Karen Ehman
- Publication Date: