Discover practical strategies to make reading aloud a meaningful family ritual.
The stories we read--and the conversations we have about them--help shape family traditions, create lifelong memories, and become part of our legacy. Reading aloud not only has the power to change a family--it has the power to change the world.
But we all know that connecting deeply with our families can be difficult in our busy, technology-driven society. Reading aloud is one of the best ways to be fully present with our children, even after they can read themselves, but it isn't always easy to do. Discover how to:
- Prepare your kids for academic success through reading to them
- Develop empathy and compassion in your kids through books
- Find time to read aloud in the midst of school, sports, and dinner dishes
- Choose books across a variety of sibling interests and ages
- Make reading aloud the best part of your family's day
The Read-Aloud Family also offers age-appropriate book lists from infancy through adolescence. From a toddler's wonder to a teenager's resistance, you will find the inspiration you need to start a read-aloud movement in your own home.
- Sarah MacKenzie
- Publication Date: