For more than fifteen years, Scott Stanley's A Lasting Promise has offered solutions to common problems--facing conflicts, problem solving, improving communication, and dealing with core issues--within a Christian framework. Thoroughly revised and updated, this new edition is filled with sacred teachings of scripture, the latest research on marriage, and clear examples from the lives of couples. The book's strategies are designed to help couples improve communication, understand commitment, bring more fun into their relationship, and enhance their sex lives.
- Lead author Scott Stanley is co-director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies at the University of Denver and coauthor of Fighting for Your Marriage, which has sold more than a million copies.
- Offers reflections on how to enhance anyone's marriage over the long term and avoid divorce
- Covers recent cultural shifts, such as dealing with the endless technological distraction and issues with social networking
- New themes include the chemistry of love, the life-long implications of having bodies, and how to support one another emotionally
- Uses illustrative examples from couples' lives and rich integration of insights from scripture
This important book offers an invaluable resource for all couples who want to honor and preserve the holy sacrament of their union.
- Scott Stanley
- Publication Date:
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A Lasting Promise by Scott Stanley
An awesome book, clear and concise, building and restoring the biblical foundations for marriage, while supporting the couple with the proper tools to make healthy changes in their relationship with God and each other. Remember, seek God for His marriage mission! He brought you together for a specific purpose, and as a couple, be "one" with our Lord and partner with Him as He leads you!