This five-session small group Bible study (guide sold separately) by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume six of the 12-part That the World May Know series. In this volume, Vander Laan helps you experience Jesus' life up close and personal.
That the World May Know is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in Galilee, Priene, and Didyma, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The That the World May Know video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
- When the Rabbi Says, "Come" - Filmed in Galilee
- When the Rabbi Says, "Go" - Filmed in Galilee
- The Presence of God: A Countercultural Community - Filmed in Priene
- Living Stones - Filmed in Priene
- The Very Words of God - Filmed in Didyma
Designed for use with the In the Dust of the Rabbi Discovery Guide (sold separately).
- Ray Vander Laan
- Publication Date:
- DVD Video
This DVD was a very interesting and thorough description of what it meant to follow a rabbi from the culture at the time and as it pertained to Jesus. I am using this as I teach about the lives about the disciples and this video is great to begin with to understand a little more of what it meant for the disciples to follow Jesus everywhere He went and to "walk" with Him in every aspect of daily life.