Pastor John MacArthur combines his passion for the Bible with the training expertise of faculty members at The Master's Seminary to guide seminary students and ministry leaders in developing their pastoral ministry skills.
Pastors today can easily become preoccupied with the many pitfalls of modern culture, buying into the idea of image and straying from Jesus's call to shepherd leadership.
Pastoral Ministry: How to Shepherd Biblically presents a practical pastoral theology aimed at showing pastors and pastors-in-training the vital role God's word plays in shaping the preparation and maintaining the priorities of pastoring.
The authors examine the biblical teaching about the high and demanding call to ministry required of any spiritual shepherd. You'll learn how to pursue intentional growth through the stages of calling, training, and ministering to God's church—along the way, uncovering answers to questions such as:
- How does the Bible establish a philosophy of pastoral ministry, and what is it?
- Who is personally qualified to be an undershepherd of God's flock?
- What are the biblical preparations required of shepherd leaders?
- What priority does God's word place on activities involved in pastoral ministry?
United in affirming shepherd leadership as the biblical model for pastoral ministry, The Master's Seminary faculty contributes a treasury of expertise alongside insights from well-known Bible teacher John MacArthur.
This book will inspire any pastor dedicated to serving God's church in the pattern of Jesus Christ.
- John F MacArthur & Master's Seminary Faculty
- Publication Date: