This Hardcover Bible features a full color children's Bible combining the bestselling, kid-friendly New International Reader’s Version text of both the Old and New Testaments with more than a thousand features meant to excite and encourage you to read and apply the Scriptures.
Recurring features like Whit’s Wisdom, Candid Conversations, Wooton’s Fun Facts, Jason’s Jargon, and "What’s It Mean, Eugene?" will keep you turning the pages, reading the biblical text, and growing in your understanding of God’s Word.
In addition, this Bible includes color maps highlighting the key events from both the Old and New Testament and eight illustrated scriptural stories presented in full color, with Adventures in Odyssey characters “joining in” by means of Whit’s invention The Imagination Station.
The features offered will also help you to memorize God’s truth and apply it in thought, word, and action in your life. You will soon find yourself caught up in the grand adventure that life with Jesus is meant to be!
- Focus on the Family
- Publication Date:
- Focus on the Family
This Bible is fantastic! I have children from 2-16 and they all love it. It is a great resource and its fun!
Because this bible is marketed for children, someone may mistakenly think that this is a watered down version of the bible, with condensed stories. This is not the case. This is a real and complete bible. It uses the New International Reader's Version. I am a physician and I find this version to not be overly simplified. I do find it though to be written in such a way that the grammer and choice of words are comprehensable and easy to follow. I enjoy the frequent commentaries by characters from the Adventures in Odyssee who often provide some background and elaboration on the section you are reading. I strongly endorse this bible.
PERFECT Christmas Gift for my young 10-year old friend!
* Hardcover will endure somewhat-childish treatment of Bible.
* Easily understandable and reliable translation - NIrV.
* Great pictures throughout.
* Neat Odyssey-specific features like Candid Conversations with Connie (devotional/application thoughts), Wooten's Fun Facts (tying a fun fact into a Bible verse), detailed intros to books of the Bible by Eugene, relevant "What About You?" readings that help kids engage with and apply certain passages of Scripture, etc!
* I wish this Bible had been around for my two sons when they were younger (they are both in college now)! Perhaps they will have children someday who can benefit from this wonderful resource!